Servings: 4 Preparation: 15 min. Cooking: 25 min. Total: 40 min.
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or Smart Balance Butter Spread with Flax (vegan!)
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp cilantro, or parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
Place squash in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover saucepan and steam 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté next 4 ingredients in covered skillet 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender. Stir in squash, remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 5-10 minutes or until mixture is heated throughout.
|236 Kcal||6.51 g||39 g||9.3 g||9.82 g||5.01 g||15.3 mg||430 mg|