Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
8 oz tempeh, crumbled
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder blend
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
10 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
lettuce, cilantro, avocado, sri racha, etc for topping
1. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat
2. Sauté onion and pepper until soft
3. Add tempeh and cook until lightly browned
4. Add spices and stir to mix well
5. Add sweet potato and tomato, turn heat to low, and cover skillet for 8 - 10 minutes until sweet potatos are soft
6. Add black beans and stir to combine
7. Serve on a bed of quinoa
8. Add fun toppings
Adapted from the P90X2 Nutrition Guide
Matar Paneer is a recipe I have been making for decades. It's a family favorite and Chris' very very favorite. I usually make it ...
16 years ago, Chris and I were trying to decide what to make for Yule supper. We went through our many cookbooks, and settled on Rec...
In response to this post over at The Pagan Family, this recipe is dedicated to Michelle. Goat Cheese, Spinach and Tofu Tacos Ing...
We LOVE this meal, adapted from a recipe in the Veganomicon. We serve it wit with peas and tofu cubes. The lime juice adds a lo...
Hasn't the weather been incredible?!? I know it's scary from an environmental standpoint, but I am enjoying it anyway! This wee...